Become a Party Coordinator
What is a Party Coordinator?
A Party Coordinator (PC) is a volunteer that has made a one year commitment to coordinate and run a monthly party at one shelter, with the help of volunteers and shelter staff. Party Coordinators are carefully trained by Birthday Wishes staff, and matched with an appropriate shelter. Parties are typically held on a Monday-Thursday evening, starting about 6 PM and lasting about 90 minutes.
Party Coordinators communicate with their assigned shelter on a monthly basis to obtain birthday party information, connect with donors to coordinate party supplies, run the party and supervise the volunteers to ensure a magical experience for everyone, all with ongoing support from Birthday Wishes staff. Party Coordinators must be available to visit a Birthday Wishes regional office (during set office hours) to pick up supplies not donated online.
Party Coordinator Openings
If you are interested in becoming a Party Coordinator at any of the following open shelters, please email the corresponding regional coordinator. Please continue to check back as this page is updated throughout the month.
Greater Boston - Linda Brown
- Mary's House, Waltham - A small shelter with a few birthday children every other month.
Rhode Island - Susan Kostas
- Lucy's Hearth, Middletown - A 24-hour emergency and transitional shelter for mothers and their children.
- Interim House, Providence - Emergency shelter for families with children.
BIRTHDAY-IN-A-BOX SHELTERS: Assemble birthday boxes and deliver.
- Children’s Shelter of Blackstone Valley, Pawtucket
- New Hope Family Shelter, Pawtucket
- WARM Shelter/Harvest Homes, Westerly
- Woonsocket Family Shelter
Western Massachusetts - Jennefer Swetland
- Grant Street Shelter, South Hadley - Small teen mom shelter looking for a Party Coordinator.
- A Family Place, Holyoke - Large shelter with approximately 8+ birthday children a month. Perfect volunteer opportunity for a group, family or company.
Long Island, New York - Susan Gold
- Birthday-in-a-Box Coordinator - Assemble and deliver birthday boxes to shelters in Ronkonkoma and Middle Island once a month.